Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A piece of article to read and to think of


I do not agree with the statement and opinion of the writer that without an uniform educational system (The son of Mahathir--Mukhriz has pop up this topic recently to combine Chinese and Tamil school into Sekolah Kebangsaan), we cannot form a strong "Bangsa Malaysia". 

What's wrong with our country now is not that we don't have a strong national identity, or a strong national language. We should not blame our educational system. I am glad that I am chinese educated. I love my mother tounge but that do not change the fact that Bahasa Malaysia is the national language of this country. I am grateful because of this unique educational system, I can now comunicate in 3 different languages. 

What's wrong with the country now is the political system that keep on grouping us as Malay, Chinese or Indian. And the exitance of a group of people who always want to act as a hero of their own race. 

What we should do is to abolish the bias policy. To build a strong national identity where every culture can florish. To call ourself proudly as a Malaysian regardless of our race.

Although I disagree with the writer, but this is still an interesting article to read on, to see thing in another viewpoint. 

No comments: