Saturday, August 18, 2007

Trip to Wakayama(和歌山) 1

御坊(Gobo)is a small town in 和歌山市(Wakayama Prefecture), hometown of my Japanese housemate, Yurika. It's my second visit, the town is 3 hours separate from my place by train. Since my friend had been gone to Mexico for a students exchange program, so we didn't stay at her place this time but at friend of her, Aki who had guided us for the passed 3 days.
This was a very nice trip, short but pack and interesting.
We arrived around 2 at 和歌山駅 and our first stop was to fill up our empty stomach. What we headed for is called 茶粥(Chagayu), porridge cooked in Japanese tea. I had a different dish, porridge also but is cooked with サツマイモ(Satsumaimo), Japanese sweet potatoes.
The porridge come as a set with fish and two small dishes
In the small plate we had 味噌(Miso),梅干(Umeboshi),かまぼこ(Kamaboko),and 2 kind of 漬物(Tsukemono)

Plan to visit a beer factory but it was closed due to お盆休み(Obon-yasumi). So we had a 1 hour ride towards 御坊. The view along the road was nice. Had a few shot inside the car and I like this one the most.
We met up with Yurika's family, they threat us for dinner at a restaurant famous for ちゃんこ鍋(Chanko-nabe).Is a kind of steamboat and is famous among 相撲(Sumo).

This is Yurika's mum and she was helping us preparing the nabe
Looks delicious...

I forget about the restaurant's name but luckily I took this photo and it remind me. 俵屋(Tawaraya)

After the dinner, we had a short visit to Yurika's home. And there is one new member in the house...Hacchi!! The new dog in the family.

Is fun playing with him, but not getting him posing quietly for photo. This is the best I can get.

And finally we had a group photo!!


1 comment:

yurika said...

oh my god, it's so so sooooo strange to see these photos here in mexico, through your blog!!! (>_<) hen hen soreha hen!!