Sunday, June 29, 2008

Passion Fruit


Passion fruit, I used to drink the juice when I was in Malaysia and I never see it before, I means the fresh one. So when I saw it in the super, although it was not cheap ¥100(almost RM3) for one, it worth for first try. Luckily they include one small paper in the packaging about how to eat this (I'm sure the Japanese are not familiar with this fruit too). So what I show you in the picture is the result of cutting the fruit half. A little bit shock when I first glance at it, a little bit ugly, but it smells really good. Okay, how are we going to eat this thing? At first I tried to suck out the flesh and throw away the tiny black seeds but soon I get tired of it and I decided to swallow the whole thing down. Not a bad idea actually. It tasted just like the juice I drank before, a little bit sour with its special tropical aroma. I google about this fruit in wikipedia and I found out that, besides the purple color one that I show you here, there are another species called Golden Passionfruit, bright yellow color which can grow up to the size of grapefruit, that means about double the size of the purple's one. Hopefully I have the chance to try it out. ;)

No comments: