Sunday, May 06, 2007

Shock!!

I found out about Shutterstock, a service where you submit photo to it and get paid when your photo is downloaded when I read through a photographer Andy Lim's blog-Travel & Landscape Photography." Ya, I took great photo also, by joining this program maybe I can earn some pocket money." I told myself. But the truth is cruel. I'm a new member and my account is still under review.In oder to gain a normal account status, I have to receive approval on at least 7 of my first 10 photos submitted to the website. Not a difficult task, I think. But the result was shocking. All the photo I submitted were rejected and worst, my account was suspended for 30 days!!
They list down the reason why my photos has been rejected in the e-mail:
3110084 Rejected:









3110085 Rejected: Composition--Limited commercial value due to framing, cropping, and/or composition.






3110086 Rejected: Lighting Problems--Purple fringe, blown highlights or lenses flare.







3110087 Rejected:













3110088 Rejected: Noise--Noise, film grain, over-sharpening, or artifacts at full size.







3110089 Rejected: Noise--Noise, film grain, over-sharpening, or artifacts at full size.







3110090 Rejected:













3110091 Rejected:









3110092 Rejected: Poor Lighting--Poor or uneven lighting, or shadows. White balance may be incorrect.






3110093 Rejected: Focus--Your image is not in focus or focus is not located where we feel it works best.







Not even one of my photo was approved!?!?
I'm shock. But I won't give up. I'm still new in photography. Practice and more practice, I believe someday I can become a professional photographer also.

4 comments:

phyee86 said...

oh.... poor u....
dun give up, try harder next time.
u can do it.

Dr Raymond, previously Kon-sama and pre-previously Rurouni) said...

Well I suppose if you can get it at 1st attempt,then other professional photographers would be seriously out of business soon.

That's right,dun give up man!

Kvin said...

wow... all your picture consider ok ma... but nvm la...at least get some critic on ur pciture, improve ur self...

chinhing said...

Well, i dono bout so much bout technical aspect, For me u had GOOD choice of colors and subjects..harmonous colorful and interesting..at least to me...haha XD Add oil (P/S : NEver a bad things..coz u know u can improve mah)