Friday, April 06, 2007

明治神宮 (Meiji Jingu)


明治神宮Meiji Jingu is a Japanese shrine near 原宿Harajuku. Don't know much about this shrine, my friend brought me there when I was in Tokyo, so I just share some photo here with you.

I don't know what should I called this, but if I am not mistaken, all the names printed there is the brand of 酒sake/日本酒nihon-shu, but don't ask me why they have alcohol bottle gather inside the park of the shrine. Maybe the maker had make a big donation to the shrine, ya, actually many Japanese companies like to donate to shrine to pray for good business. Hope my guess is right...

Washing your hand before enter the shrine is the tradition for Japanese.




There was a Japanese style wedding ceremony when I was there(I did not see the whole ceremony...they just walked out from the shrine to have a group photo). Sorry to say that, it doesn't look like a wedding ceremony at all. It was so quiet, no smiling,and you cannot feel the happiness trough their faces...you just feel like you cannot make any mistake otherwise you will ruin the whole thing. Anyway their appearance has attracted many attention from the tourists, thousands of cameras were pointed to them, the shutter's sound at least make the ceremony more lively.

No comments: