Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Wat Chaiya Mangkalaram

I don't know the official name of the temple--Wat Chaiya
Mangkalaram
until I search it in the Penang Tourism's
website.
We usually call it "The Sleeping Buddha", a
direct translation from Mandarin.Wat Chaiya Mangkalaram
is a Thai Buddhist temple, notable for its Reclining Buddha
statue. Measuring 33 meters in length,the statue is the 3rd
largest in the world.I had been visiting this place everytime
I came back for holidays, tour-guiding friends and my host
family. Same place, different people, nice memory.



1 comment:

Juank said...

Oh, I've been there!!! :p
I cannot remember such a long name though.
Great memories from Malaysia, maybe I'll be going there this August again, but just to KL I think (for a Landscape Architecture Conference over there).
Enjoy your remaining days back home!